The Academic Staff Union of the Polytechnic (ASUP), Federal Polytechnic Oko Anambra State Chapter, has suspended its strike action after 5months Projectstore.com.ng reports.
ASUP’s Chairman Sir Samuel Igbokwe made the disclosure on 15th September in Oko Anambra Anambra state after the Council meeting.
Communique of the meeting which was sighted by projectstore.com.ng read in parts;
COMMUNIQUE ON THE ASUP FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC OKO CHAPTER CONGRESS HELD AT THE POLYTECHNIC AUDITORIUM EXTENSION SITE ON SEPTEMBER 15TH 2021.
- That efforts of all the ASUP members of our Chapters who solidly stood behind the chapter Executive council are applauded.
- That the intervention of the minister of labour and productivity, Dr Chris Ngige, the council Chairman Mallam Kale Kawu, all Council members, and the management is well appluded.
- That the intervention of the minister of labour that produced the Memorandum of understanding upon which our strike is suspended today is treasured.
- That ASUPOKO met in her Congress today, September 15, 2021 and extensively deliberated on the agreement. Based on the agreement signed by the council, management and Union, the Congress unanimously voted to suspend the strike, effective Monday, 20th September 2021.
- That the Union has absolute trust and conviction that the agreement will be respected by all the parties involved.
The communique concluded.
Projectstore recall that ASUP-OKO South-South and South-East to embark on this 5 months old strike which started on April 6th 2021.
- Get Full Work -N4000
- This topic contains:
- Chapter 1-5
- Appendix/If applicable