The Foreign Direct Investment might benefit the Nigerian economy in the following ways:
- FDI brings in capital into the country for investment in long term assets.
- There is an inflow of modern technology besides better management practices.
- FDI creates new employment besides training in new skills.
- FDI improves efficiency and productivity in various industries, thus enabling better resource
- MNCs who bring in FDI would also not only assure that there is a considerable exportable
surplus, but also ensure that these are marketed at attractive prices.
- the logistics and transportation infrastructure, including ports and roads would improve
because of FDI.
- The increased foreign exchange earnings would allow the government to import products which are in short supply, enabling the citizens to have a better quality of lif