The staff can select their representative through a formal procedure of collective decision-making. Democracy is based on elections, which provide the populace the power to select their leaders. is a methodical procedure for choosing a candidate for public office. A populace selects a person to hold public office through a formal voting procedure called an election.
Functions of Election
- It empowers people to choose the leaders they want and hold them responsible for their actions while in government.
- It aids in the facilitation of political and social integration.
Voting gives people a chance to express themselves and satisfies their need to feel like they belong by allowing them to express their partisanship.
- It is a tool for identifying and selecting candidates for political office.
- It helps to bring about or ensure a smooth change of government.
- It guarantees that the public will accept political leaders.
- It contributes to ensuring political stability.
- It enables complete public participation in national governance, particularly among voters.