How To Select Good Research Project Topics For Final Year Students of Nigeria
Bsc, Masters and PhD research projects topics are very daunting and the ideas lies in mapping out/identifying a good areas of research. Making a wrong choice of project topics will ultimately results to a failure.
Many students take the formulation of a good research topic for granted and end up having to redo the entire proposal. Masters and PhD students in Nigeria need to get their project topics right and this the reasons for the existence of projectstore.com.ng.
Formulating a good research topic undergraduate and postgraduate students
A good undergraduate research topic must have the following elements:
- It should fall within your area of specialization
- It should be researchable i.e. literature on the topic should be readily available and data can be obtained
- The data for the project should be easily accessible
- It should specify the main variables and indicate the hypothesized relationship
- Ideally, it should have less than 20 words and be self standing
- The variables of interest should not be too broad
- The data resulting from the research topic should be good for data entry and data analysis.
Major Considerations when formulating a masters/PhD Research Topic
A masters/phd research topic should be formulated with the entire project in mind. You should be able to answer the following topics with respect to the selected research topic:
- Has this research topic been done before?
- What new knowledge will this study topic yield?
- How useful will the results of this study be?
- Will I be able to access the relevant literature for this research topic?
- How will I obtain data for this research topic?
- What variables will I be testing for this research topics?
- How will I test my hypothesis for this research topic?
- Can I build on this research topic in case i want to further my studies in future?
- Does this research topic seek to resolve a problem that i am really passionate about?
Where to get ideas for a undergraduate Research Topic
There are various avenues from where you can derive inspiration for your project research topic. Some of these include:
The developments around the world as covered in TV, radio or print media. There are so many global issues that make headlines in the news daily. By looking closely at these, you may find a research topic geared towards resolving some of the problems.
You can weave out a research topic based on challenges that you have personally experienced. For instance if you are undertaking an MBA, and you once had a problem accessing capital, you may choose a research topic relating to capital access among startups in your locality.
Browse through research topics that have already been done, identify a few areas of interest and then study the papers keenly. Look at their recommendations for further study and there you are with a great research topic for your project.
Follow your passion
There is something you are really passionate about? Well, look at past studies on that area and design a research topic within the same area relative to your specialization.
Your own past studies
Build on your past studies by either expanding the scope or changing the target population and there you are with a great research topic.
Sample of Projects Topics in Nigeria by Departments
The following are a list of research topics that have already been studied by students in a number of universities in Nigeria. Use it only as a guideline.
- AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
- Agricultural Extension
- AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE
- AIR TRANSPORT MANAGEMENT
- Applied Science
- Banking & Finance
- Bio Chemistry
- Building Technology
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION & MANAGEMENT
- CHEMICAL/PETROLEUM ENGINEERING
- Civil Engineering
- COMMUNITY MEDICINE
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science Education
- Computer Science
- Criminology & Security Studies
- DEVELOPMENT STUDIES
- EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION
- ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
- English Language & Literature
- Environmental Science
- Estate Managemen
- Food & Nutrition Sciences
- Guidance and Counselling
- Health and Physical Education
- HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
- Information Technology Management
- International Relations
- Islamic Law
- Islamic Studies
- Library & Information Science
- Linguistics & Communication
- MASS COMMUNICATION
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical & Health Science
- Nursing Science
- OFFICE TECHNOLOGY MANAGEMENT
- Paper Presentations
- PDF AND DOC PROJECT TOPICS
- Pharmaceutical Science
- Political Science
- Political Theory
- POLYMER AND TEXTILE ENGINEERING
- Public Administration
- Public Health
- Purchasing & Supply
- Quantity Survey
- Religion & Cultural Studies
- RELIGION AND HUMAN RELATIONS
- REQUEST NEW TOPICS & RECAST CASE STUDY
- Science Education
- Science Laboratory Technology
- Science Laboratory Technology
- SPECIAL EDUCATION
- Theatre Arts
- Theology & Biblical Studies
- Transport Management
- Urban & Regional Planning
- Vocational Education