The statement of the problem is a crucial part of any research project, as it helps to clarify the research question and highlight its significance. Here are some modalities and steps to follow when writing a statement of the problem:
- Identify the problem: The first step is to identify the problem that you want to investigate. This could be a gap in knowledge, a practical problem, or a theoretical issue.
- Define the problem: Once you have identified the problem, define it clearly and precisely. Provide a brief background and context to help readers understand the problem.
- State the research question: State the research question or hypothesis that your study will address. This should be a clear and specific question that can be answered through your research.
- Explain the significance of the problem: Explain why the problem is significant and why it is worth investigating. This could involve discussing the practical or theoretical implications of the problem.
- Identify the scope of the problem: Identify the scope of the problem, including any limitations or constraints that may affect your study.
- Review the literature: Conduct a literature review to identify what research has been done on the problem, and to identify any gaps in knowledge or understanding.
- State the objectives of the study: State the specific objectives of your study, explaining how your research will contribute to knowledge or understanding of the problem.
- Outline the research methodology: Provide a brief overview of the research methodology that you will use to answer your research question or achieve your research objectives.
- Conclude by summarizing the problem and its significance: In the concluding paragraph of the statement of the problem, summarize the problem and its significance, and explain why your study is important.
Remember to keep the statement of the problem concise and focused on the specific problem that you are investigating. Avoid including too much detail or irrelevant information, and be sure to provide a clear and specific research question that can be addressed through your study.Download Full Material-N4000 PAY WITH PAYPAL